Friday 14 September 2012

Starting the Journey with JSF and CDI.

Over the past year I have bean redesigning and developing our in-house application. It's a large financial web application, the old system has been there for close to 10 years and it was built on top on some specific platform (Weblogic and old version of Tomcat), there are a lot developers with different skill set (I mean some of them really don't have any skill) so the code base is really bizarre.

So I started prototype with JSF & Seam, and later on move to JSF2 with CDI. The old project has over 300 pages and total files close to 4000 files, the new code now is around 1600 files. It took so long to close to the finish line, so I'm thinking to share some thoughts and experiences that I had related to JSF2, CDI, application design, and of cause some rant.

So if you are doing JSF2/CDI or going to do JSF2/CDI, better read this first.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment